Kid’s Room Lighting & Dorm Room Lighting
Tuesday, January 19th, 2010
by Littman Bros Lighting
As you prepare for your kids to go back to school, it is a great time to re-do the lighting in their room. Whether they live at home or heading off to college, here are some quick tips that can make a big difference in the way your student studies.
Top 5 Lighting Tips for Students:
- Choose glare-free desk lighting to prevent eye strain and fatigue.
- Use an adjustable desk lamp to provide additional light to the desk. Position the lamp so it will not reflect on the computer screen.
- If you’re right-handed, position the light to your left hand side, and vice verse to avoid hand shadows across your book or notebook.
- Use clip-on lighting and floor lamps for general room lighting.
- Choose halogen or fluorescent bulbs to better illuminate your reading material.
In addition to proper lighting for long nights of reading and doing homework, a portable fan can provide a handy cooling system around heat producing laptops.